ADSM-L

Re: New Migrate command

2006-04-25 01:48:17
Subject: Re: New Migrate command
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:34:45 +0200
Thimoty,

The 'wait=yes' is required to make sure that the process is started in the
foreground. If it is started in the background, the processes will be started
in parallel even with the SERIAL parameter in the script. I found this out
using it in a script that started multiple exports. As an export cannot be
started in the foreground, all of them started in parallel.

If you know what backup session will be running as the last, you could start an
administrative schedule here as a post-exec command. But I guess that it is
hard to tell which job will finish as the last one.

best regards,
Kurt