ADSM-L

migration processes with collocation groups

2006-04-21 15:51:53
Subject: migration processes with collocation groups
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:47:12 -0700
I'm a little confused as to how data is migrated to tape with collocation
groups configured. Let's say I have 2 collocation groups in a single domain
each with 10 computers, and I have configured the disk pool to migrate using
8 processes, how many processes should I see migrating data?

What I seem to see is just 2 processes so I'm wondering what is the best way
to configure the system to migrate quickly yet keep groups of computers
together. I don't want to collocate each node on it's own tape but I do want
to take advantage of migrating data with as many drives as possible.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting how things should work. Which wouldn't be the
first time.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com