ADSM-L

Re: q cont Vol_Name

2006-04-20 16:43:01
Subject: Re: q cont Vol_Name
From: "Vats.Ashok" <Ashok.Vats AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:39:17 -0700
We are experiencing a long wait when do q content volume_name. IS that normal
...at times it will take over 2 hours ? what we want to do is check if the
volume has data in it if it has no data and marked Private status then we want
to change its status=Scratch but not if it has data in it and it belongs to a
Pool. I noticed q vol VOlume_name returns very quick. IS it safe to assume that
if volume doesn't belong to any pool then it shouldn't have any data in it and
we could update its status=Scratch ?

Appreciate any input . We are on TSM server 5.3.0.0 with 3485library

Thanks
Ashok