ADSM-L

Re: Select statement to find what tape a particular file is on...

2006-04-19 15:15:43
Subject: Re: Select statement to find what tape a particular file is on...
From: "Dennis, Melburn W IT743" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:14:05 -0400
First you need to find out what filespace it is assigned to.  If you
don't already know the filespace that it came from, this can be
identified by running the following select statement in the
administrative command line:

select filespace_name,hl_name,ll_name where node_name='NAME_OF_NODE' and
ll_name='V110260.1.000065S13M01.MI.16315970.Z'

This will identify the filespace name for you.  Make sure you use all
CAPS for the node_name as well as ll_name fields.  Next take that
filespace name and run the following select statement:

select filespace_name,volume_name from volumeusage where
node_name='NAME_OF_NODE' and filespace_name='NAME_OF_FILESPACE'

This will identify both onsite and offsite volumes that are assigned to
that filespace in particular.  Once again use all CAPS for boths fields.
Hope this helps.

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer
Siemens Power Generation
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com