ADSM-L

Re: Library status Unknown

2006-04-18 12:01:45
Subject: Re: Library status Unknown
From: Jeremy Cloward <CLOWARJ AT NATIONWIDE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:16:14 -0400
Gil,
I think what the issue is, I have seen this b4 anyway, is that though the
OS can see the device, if it wasn't configured through the TSM server,
using the TSM version of the drivers, it is not going to play well with the
other kids.  It could be that the other 2 were not installed through the
TSM interface using those drivers.
 Thats just my guess.

Jeremy Cloward

      "In this golden age of communication , means everyone talks at the
same time"
                                                Justin Sullivan

                   "Gill,
                   Geoffrey L."
                   <GEOFFREY.L.G                                      From
                   ILL AT SAIC DOT COM>         "Gill, Geoffrey L."
                                         <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
                   Sent by:                                             To
                   "ADSM: Dist           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   Stor Manager"                                        cc
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>                                       Subject
                                         [ADSM-L] Library status Unknown

                   04/18/2006
                   01:16 AM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

Why would the library status show "Unknown" (blue) when there seems to be
no
issue with it on the control panel or through communications, at least as
far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com