ADSM-L

Re: Error with autoloader 360716x

2006-04-15 08:44:54
Subject: Re: Error with autoloader 360716x
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:28:38 -0400
Given that this is a weekend, you may not quickly hear from another
customer who has one of these mini SCSI libraries.

You may have a drive fault. Refer to your manual, and perform a Power
On Self Test, observing the amber panel light per instructions in the
manual. You can also check some status from the lib's Web interface.

Beyond that, you can check your Windows Event Log for any problem
indications, and perform tests using a Windows tape utility, to see
if you can, for example, read from a tape. As always with a SCSI
library, make sure your cables are tightly connected and your SCSI
terminator is in place. If the cable connectors were recently
disconnected, there may be the possibility of a bent pin.

    Richard Sims