ADSM-L

Netware FAS Volume

2006-04-12 19:21:51
Subject: Netware FAS Volume
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:58:29 PDT
We are migrating Netware file/print data from an existing SAN to a
Network Appliance FAS device.  The Netware volume in question is named
/NDPS and, apparently, the Netware administrator is unable to see that
volume when he attempts to run a backup.

Is there anything special that has to be done to backup Netware volumes
residing on a NAS device?  He supposedly put the /NDPS: in his DOMAIN
statement, but I haven't yet seen his OPT file.

Anyone out there doing this with the standard Netware client or is it
possible you can only do this using NDMP?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corporation
(858)-581-9668