ADSM-L

Strange issue with dsierror.log

2006-04-12 09:55:39
Subject: Strange issue with dsierror.log
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:49:34 -0400
Hi Everybody,

We are seeing some weird behaviour regarding the dsierror.log file and DB2.  We
are trying to debug a backup problem and see if anything gets written to
dsierror.log. The file size is 0 bytes. However, when I try to manually
populate the file , I see that the information gets saved but I check a few
seconds later, the file has returned to 0 bytes. I try doing a fuser on the
file and see no process attached to it. Has anyone seen this before ?

Server : TSM 5.3.2.3
Client OS: Linux Redhat 3 Update 4
Client : Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0

Rich