ADSM-L

Re: Clustered Servers and Tivoli

2006-04-11 11:58:09
Subject: Re: Clustered Servers and Tivoli
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:49:58 -0700
Hi John,

We have about 30 clustered volumes so I typically get unimaginative and call
the nodes a variation of NetWare volume name and then either server or cluster.
For example, admin_server or print_cluster. We're a smallish shop in TSM terms
and all in one location so I can keep things simple. Node names should make
sense to the folks using them and I'm not aware of any penalties, except to
type, for longer ones than I use.

Your opt file looks okay to me. I don't specify the NW user in mine and use the
TSM.PWD are the only substantive differences I can see. I'd re-emphasize
turning TSAFS's cluster awareness off via TSA.cfg. Good luck.

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia