ADSM-L

Re: ANR8300E - I/O error on library desc= the destination slot or drive was full in an attemt to move a volume

2006-04-11 08:55:28
Subject: Re: ANR8300E - I/O error on library desc= the destination slot or drive was full in an attemt to move a volume
From: Jack Coats <Jack.Coats AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:50:25 -0500
I hope it worked for you.  In the past I have cached out the volume
where a problem was reported (both the one in the 'real slot' and the
one that TSM says should be in the slot).  Sometimes I had to check out
several until there were no more 'unknown' tapes in the library.  Then
check them all back in after doing a TSM audit checkl=barcode.  It did
take some time, but it cured the issue for me. Just my .02 pesos worth!
(this was on an IBM 3593 aka ADIC 100)

... I do remember one time I got so frustrated, I took out all the
tapes, shut down tsm server (windows), power cycled the 3583, and
brought it all back up with an empty library.  Did a AUDIT LIBR in tsm,
the loaded all the tapes back into TSM (using the bulk door and TSM
commands). ... That cured the problem and let me have enough time for my
frustration to subside

... I think that these processed did for me what forcing an 'inventory
from the library side' did for you.  Sounds like your method had less
frustration after you found the right answer.

... Jack