ADSM-L

Re: 5.3 questions

2006-04-11 04:45:14
Subject: Re: 5.3 questions
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:32:06 +0200
Hi Geoff,

> I'm finding that the more I use the console the more I dislike it.
> Yea sure, I know all about progress but I think this particular change
came in one fell swoop.

Yes, I'm sure most of us will agree with you ! To avoid this I installed
the old-style web based GUI, which may not offer all the shiny and
fancy features eventually existing  in the new one, but at least is
usable and works !

Now regarding your problem(s) : a kick test confirmed your idea :
stgpools created thru ISC are indeed collocated by group. To check this
:
1) choose "storage devices" on the left side of the GUI,
2) in the pulldown list on right side, choose "view storage pools",
3) click on desired stgpool
4) click on  "media management" : there is a "collocated" pulldown list,
having "group" as default !

For disk caching, same operation, until you reach point 3. Here you'll
need to choose "migration" and at the bottom of the frame you'll find
the option "Leave a copy of the files in the storage pool after
migration " ...

Hope this helped.
Cheers

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******