ADSM-L

cannot dismount tape

2006-04-10 17:01:03
Subject: cannot dismount tape
From: Marcelo Barreto <mbarreto AT DEDICADO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:53:00 -0300
Hi,

               I´m having a problem, almost everyday, when I execute q mount
command, I receive something like that:

ANR8330I DLT volume DYI514 is mounted R/O in drive MT-SCSI-ID-3 (/dev/rmt/3mt),
status: IN USE.
ANR8379I Mount point in device class DC-SUNL1000 is waiting for the volume
mount to complete, status: WAITING FOR VOLUME.
ANR8334I         2 matches found.

               DYI514 is tape number, and not always is the same; but when I
execute  command "DISMOUNT VOLUME dyi514", I received "ANR8348E DISMOUNT
VOLUME: Volume DYI514 is not "Idle"".

               What could be the problem?

               Thanks in advance.

Marcelo.