ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation process

2006-04-07 19:57:13
Subject: Re: Reclamation process
From: Josh-Daniel Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:54:26 -0500
The biggest problem is that TSM doesn't sort reclaimable tapes prior to
assigning them to threads.  Your best efficiency is to reclaim the most
empty tapes first.

You could use something like this:
UPD STG FOOBAR1 RECLAIM=95 RECLAIMPR=5
Wait a while
UPD STG FOOBAR1 RECLAIM=90 RECLAIMPR=5
Wait a while
UPD STG FOOBAR1 RECLAIM=85 RECLAIMPR=5

Technically, 5.3.0.0 also has a RECLAIM STG command; however, there are
defects in it that can cause hangs and other problems at 5.3 base.

-Josh