ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation process

2006-04-07 14:28:30
Subject: Re: Reclamation process
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:29:18 -0500
With 5.3 you have a parameter called reclaimprocess which can be set to any
number so as to run multiple reclamation processes, so uses multiple drives.
But many times it has been found that a couple of processes need the same tape
and therefore they have to wait till that particular tape is freed up. But you
can try using this parameter
for eg.
update stg copypool reclaim=94 reclaimpr=4
this will start 4 reclamation processes at 94% for the storagepool called
copypool.

Rajesh