ADSM-L

rebinding file backups

2006-04-07 12:41:59
Subject: rebinding file backups
From: "Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:33:12 -0400
I am running a tsm 5.2.7 (AIX) server and W2K3 client w/tsm 5.3 .  I
originally was backing up everything with a 90 day retention class but
now I have some specific files that I only want keep for 9 days.  I
added an "include" statement for just the 2 directory structures I want
changed and left the generic include alone.  The order of the includes
is as seen below.

Since I made the change newly backed up files in the directories noted
are now backed up with 9day_retention , but the files that were
previously backed up still have the 90day_retention management class on
them.

Can anyone explain why the old backups did not rebind with the new
management class ?  I know in the past if I changed the "include *
mgmt_class" it would rebind everything.

Thanks for the help and have a nice weekend,
Ralph

Include *             90DAY_RETENTION
include "e:\Database backups\...\...\*.bak"     9DAY_RETENTION
include "e:\Station Files\...\...\*.*"                  9DAY_RETENTION