ADSM-L

Re: schedule start randomization

2006-04-04 12:45:18
Subject: Re: schedule start randomization
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:39:48 -0400
If you don't' want to make the users responsible for starting their
backups, you can put a .bat file in the autologon.bat script that sleeps
for 5 minutes, then does "dsmc incremental".

That is probably the easiest solution.
The disadvantage of that , there is no TSM server schedule for it, so
you won't know if they backed up or not by looking at TSM events.  But,
given that they are laptops, are you going to be able to have them on a
schedule you can check reliably anyway?

The only other thing I can think of would be to put them in POLLING
mode, and have an admin script that defines a ONETIME schedule daily.
Not sure if that would work or not.