ADSM-L

Re: TSM server automation products

2006-04-03 15:38:37
Subject: Re: TSM server automation products
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:31:35 +0200
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:48:13AM -0400, Thomas Denier wrote:

> 2.I am spending significant amounts of time on enhancements to the
> script.

Yes, that would be a reason to consider an off-the-shell solution.
The Perl-automation here runs more or less autonomic and doesn't
require much maintenance.

A nice side note is that in a former job, the TSM admin used
Rexx to automate his Windows (then) ADSM server. Since I come
from an Amiga background I had experience with ARexx, but all
the other Windows admins had no clue about Rexx. :)

I guess a lot depends on the specifics of each installation.
--
Jurjen Oskam

Savage's Law of Expediency:
        You want it bad, you'll get it bad.