ADSM-L

Re: library inventory is off ?

2006-03-30 13:37:12
Subject: Re: library inventory is off ?
From: Kathleen M Hallahan <Kathleen_Hallahan AT FREDDIEMAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:31:18 -0500
An audit library should clear this up.  It may be helpful to have the 3584
to a physical scan on the library first.

If all else fails, you can try running a checkout libvol using remove=no
and checkl=no, and then check it back in.  But the fact that your library
and TSM server are out of sync with one another means the audit library is
probably called for in any case.

Hope it helps!

_________________________________

Kathleen Hallahan
Freddie Mac
Storage Management -- Tape

   "Vats.Ashok" <Ashok.Vats AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
   03/30/2006 01:16 PM
   Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: library inventory is off ?

We are running TSM server 5.3.0.0 on AIX 5.3.0 ml 2.

We have 3584lib and when we do >  q libv it returns saying that volume is
in the library.
3584LIB         FT0243         Private       TSM01         Data 1,370 LTO

>Q vol FT0243
Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated  Pct
     Volume
                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity Util
     Status
------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
FT0243                       LTOPOOL         LTODEV         428,686.1 18.7
      Full

In fact  FT0243 is not physically in the library, it is out side. It looks
like data base is off or library is confused ? What I can do to fix it. I
would like to checkin the volume. When I try to check in it says volume
already in the library ?
Appreciate any help..

Thanks,
Ashok