ADSM-L

Re: copy stg pool volume

2006-03-30 13:06:19
Subject: Re: copy stg pool volume
From: "Thorneycroft, Doug" <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:04:58 -0800
Try running an audit volume.

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Whitlock, Brett
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:01 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: copy stg pool volume

Ok Here's a fun one.  5.1.5 server on z/os

I am doing some housecleaning.  I have a copy pool that used to go to
3490 tapes. Then we created a pool that goes to 9840 tapes.  I'm trying
to get rid of the 3490 pool.
first, I did a backup stg pool from my inhouse stg  to the copy pool on
9840's
Next, I ran a series of delete volumes discarddata=yes
Now there is just one tape left
When I try to delete the volume discarddata=yes it fails and says there
is data on the tape
When I do a query volume it says the volume is full
When I do a query con it says no match found
When I do a move data it says volume is empty

What am I doing wrong?

Brett