ADSM-L

Re: 64-bit Linux client

2006-03-30 09:44:50
Subject: Re: 64-bit Linux client
From: Steve S Lafrance <stevel AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:37:09 -0500
Hi !
Laura is absolutely right !

Best Regards, Steve

Laura Mastandrea <lmastand AT CHOOSEBROADSPIRE DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
03/30/2006 06:47:27 AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

I'm currently running an AIX TSM server at 5.2 with a 64 bit Linux client
at 5.3 and it is fine.  IBM has always told me you need to be within 1
release level either way to be compatible.

         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                         cc

                                                                       From
                                                                    Sent by

           Yiannakis Vakis <yiannakis.vakis AT ITD.BANKOFCYPRUS DOT COM>  on
        03/30/2006 03:21 AM
                                                                    Subject
         [ADSM-L] 64-bit Linux client

           Please respond to

Hi,
I'm about to install TSM BA client on a Linux EM64T server. The only
available version is at 5.3.
TSM Server is running on a Windows 2000 machine and is at version 5.2.
Will there be any incompatibility since the Linux client is at higher level
?
Thanks
Yiannakis

Yiannakis Vakis
Storage and Database Administration
Systems Support Group, I.T.Division
Tel. +357-22-848523
Mob. +357-99-414788
Fax. +357-22-337770

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended
copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication
notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and
its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This
communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the
sender or, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company,
affiliates or subsidiaries.