ADSM-L

Re: Prognosis for APAR IC45931

2006-03-28 06:08:30
Subject: Re: Prognosis for APAR IC45931
From: Gerhard Ginzler <gjg AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:58:54 +0200
I think, the problem is Open APAR IC48382, which causes the significant
performance degradation. We start backup stgpool xy to copypool, and 4
hours later we get either ANR2111W (There is no data to process for
stgpool xy) or the backup process starts. The backup process itself is
very slow, seems to hang. Very annoying ...

Regards,
Gerhard Ginzler
Medical University of Vienna

Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM schrieb:
Hi Thomas!
APAR IC47731 was fixed in patch level 5.3.2.3 and IC45931 was fixed in
5.3.2.1. The most recent patch level is 5.3.2.4 and your version can be
downloaded from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/ser
ver/Linux/5.3.2.4/s390x/
IBM just released a new client maintenance level and this probably means
we have to wait a few months before a server maintenance release will be
made available.
In your case, I wouldn't wait for it and use the 5.3.2.4 patch release.
Patch releases tend to be much more stable that they were in the past.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines