ADSM-L

Re: Update - Tape problem after moving TSM to new server

2006-03-28 05:10:46
Subject: Re: Update - Tape problem after moving TSM to new server
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:59:34 +0100
Hi Gary

I did as you suggested and commented out the entries in the
/kernel/drv/st.conf file and now when I boot -r, I see just the 0 and 1 IBM
entries that I wanted, so that's great news, many thanks.

Now I just hope that it solves my strange little 'unable to write to
filling tapes' problem.

All the best

Farren
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   "Lee, Gary D."            |                                           |
|   <GLEE AT bsu DOT edu>            |

|                             |                                         To|
|   27/03/2006 15:05          |                      "Farren Minns"       |
|                             |                      <fminns AT wiley.co DOT
uk> |
|                             |                                         cc|
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|                             |                      Tape problem         |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

Sir:

Are you ussing the same exact drives and libraries afor v2.9 as v2.7?

As to your other question regarding st:

Do you have a tape device other than the 3590 attached to the v2.9 server?
If not, simply comment out all the scsi ids in the st.conf file.
This will not let st grab a tape device.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.