ADSM-L

Update - Tape problem after moving TSM to new server

2006-03-25 10:33:07
Subject: Update - Tape problem after moving TSM to new server
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:31:13 +0000
OK, this is what I have now found out but had no idea what's going on.
After completely removing and redefining the lib,drives and paths I still
get the same errors as below. So, for example I can't audit volume 000700
without the error below.

BUT..., if I change the state of the volume from read/write to readonly, I
can. What's that all about? I can also audit volumes that have an access of
read/write but that are 'full' and not 'filling'. This is very strange. Has
anyone else ever seen this behaviour before ?

Many thanks again

Farren Minns

>Hi All

>I have just moved my TSM Server 5.1.6.2 from a Solaris 7 server to a new
Solaris 9  box. Now, everything so far has gone fine and I have tested a
couple of >backups and also a backup of the database.

>When I look at the contents of the tapepool, copypool, q libv etc I see
what I would expect.

>BUT, when I try to run migration from disk to tape there is a problem. In
this example tape 000700 which is in a filling state is required but I see
the following error :-

>ANR1000I Migration process 4 started for storage pool BACKUPPOOL.
>ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library 3494A.
>ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume 000700 - mount failed.

>Instead, TSM loads a new scratch tape and then continues fine. What is
going on here? Has any body seen this before?

>Thanks in advance

>Farren Minns

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.