ADSM-L

Random Access Disk Pools

2006-03-24 12:04:21
Subject: Random Access Disk Pools
From: Andrew Carlson <naclos AT SWBELL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:03:53 -0800
I have heard in the past that random access disk pools can become
fragmented and practically unusable after a while.  I was wondering
if anyone sees this in the real world?  I posted the other day about
managing predefined volumes in a file type devclass, and the only
answer I got said they were using random access pools.  I would MUCH
rather have a random access pool, so if there is no problem with
this, I will convert over to random access.  Thanks for any input.

TSM 5.3.2.3 on AIX 5.2.5  EMC Clarion Disk, 120 TB in 2TB LUN's

Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,
The feeling of seeing the red box with the item you want in it:Priceless.