ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad/dsmsched.log showing wrong times

2006-03-24 08:18:32
Subject: Re: dsmcad/dsmsched.log showing wrong times
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:18:08 -0500
On Mar 24, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Vlijmen, M. van wrote:

Goodday,

We have IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3.2.0 running on a ppc64
redhat machine
One of the clients is a hp 9000 with hpux 11.i V1.
The problem I have is that the times shown in the dsmsched.log
do not match the (actual ?) time.
I stopped and started dsmcad manually which solved the problem.
That's nice but I like to know what the reason was since I don't
want it to happen again.
Anyone any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Michiel

Michiel - You omit the most important information:
          how your dsmcad is currently being started.

Problems like these are typically due to not having established the
proper environment settings prior to launching the application, such
that it runs under such conditions.  That is achieved via a
comprehensive start-up script, rather than a terse inittab entry.
See IBM site Technote 1159406 for guidance.  If you *are* using a
start-up script of some kind, it isn't establishing environment
settings as your personal login session is, and needs to do the right
things, such as proper TZ environment variable setting.

   Richard Sims