ADSM-L

Re: HELP! MAJOR ISSUE!: NEW Info. Please help!

2006-03-23 19:15:50
Subject: Re: HELP! MAJOR ISSUE!: NEW Info. Please help!
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:36:33 -0500
Yes,  I've been talking with support and they talked about an audit on the
database, deleting the volumes & redefining them, or upgrading the server
to 5.2.7.1.  I've decided to delete the volumes & redefine them.  I've had
data loss, but it was the quickest way to get the system back to it's
original status.  Plus I have to get backups done for this weekend, so that
is why I chose this method.

I want to thank everyone for all of your input and help with this issue.
It seems as if this has fixed the problem.

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Aaron Becar"
             <ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: HELP!  MAJOR ISSUE!: NEW Info.
                                       Please help!
             03/23/2006 06:23
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Have you tried to restart the TSM instance, and even reboot the machine?

>>>joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM 03/23 11:47 am >>>

Hey!

I have about 60 scratch tapes in the library, so at this point I don't

think that's an issue.  But thank you very much for pointing that out.

I'll have to remember that since I am so close to hitting that mark.

Joni Moyer

Highmark

Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer

Phone Number: (717)302-9966

Fax: (717) 302-9826

joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com

            JN