ADSM-L

Re: scratch tape question

2006-03-17 15:38:00
Subject: Re: scratch tape question
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:35:26 -0500
If you have a space floor and an ideal location to safely store scratch
tapes coming back my preference would be to put them there, then  check in
scratch tapes as needed.

Disadvantages:
This does not happen frequently but  sometimes when a tape drive goes bad,
it would mount the tape and mark it unavailable every scratch tapes until
runs out.
Let's say there is a fire before you could offsite drm for that day.
Ejecting or getting  out 600 less  tapes sound good to me.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/17/2006
11:03:35 AM: