ADSM-L

Re: backup performance

2006-03-17 15:18:27
Subject: Re: backup performance
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:15:44 -0500
Looks to me based on the calculations if it goes over a little more than 2
hours acceptable.  What's acceptable to me might not be acceptable to
others.

225 GB per hour, or 62.5 MB/s
LTO2 drives can writes 70 ~75 MB/s

It's difficult to PD without seeing the whole environment where the bottle
neck is, but one area I would check woud be how LTO drives are assigned to
HBA card(s) on TSM server.
If you have fibre LTO drives, I would check how HBAs are assigned to LTO
drives.

For example,

If you have 1 HBA assigned to LTO drive 1 and 2
another HBA assigned to LTO drive 3,4

When backup occurs, if tapes are mounted from each HBA: drive1 and drive 3,
would have a greater performance than say you were to use drive1 and drive
2.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/16/2006
06:46:40 AM: