ADSM-L

Re: scratch tape question

2006-03-17 13:26:36
Subject: Re: scratch tape question
From: JN <mrtuvok AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:26:15 -0800
Hi Dave,

    Actually, I can only see advantages to checking the tapes in as they
arrive:

1)  The tapes are less likely to be lost or suffer environmental damage
2)  At the rate you are using tapes, you won't have to check in any new
tapes for quite a while.
3)  You won't have to worry about the tapes taking up too much space outside
of the silo or getting in the way.

  Others people may be able to think of something I haven't, but that's my 2
cents.  I hope it helps.

   Jim Neal