ADSM-L

NetWare and Unicode/Macintosh files?

2006-03-17 10:20:56
Subject: NetWare and Unicode/Macintosh files?
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:20:32 -0500
Hello all,

I found FAQ 1225499 and APAR IC44954, both dealing with NetWare and
Unicode/Macintosh file names not being backed up.

We're running NW 6.0 SP5*, and we're going to move to NW 6.5 SP4 at least.
Does anyone know if this problem has been worked around?  I see the
/useoldunicodeapi switch to TSA; is that the right solution?  What are
other people doing?

--Jim

* I am not the NetWare admin, and I have only the vaguest idea on how to
check such things like a service pack level on NetWare.