ADSM-L

LAN free monitoring ...

2006-03-16 10:17:11
Subject: LAN free monitoring ...
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:16:17 +0100
Hi list,

Wondering if someone here has found a way monitoring LAN free backups.
I desperately try to find a way monitoring duration and quantity of data
sent over SAN from our clients (mostly TDP agents), but it seems there
is absolutely nothing in TSM for monitoring such backups : no entry in
activity log (at least for TDP agents), nothing in dsmaccnt, nothing in
summary, no tool in operational reporting ...
How am I suposed to survey those transfers which are taking an
increasing part of TSM data  traffic ?
Thanks for any hints !
Regards.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******