ADSM-L

Re: New TSM Server, DB and STG POOL question

2006-03-16 06:45:34
Subject: Re: New TSM Server, DB and STG POOL question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:43:37 +0000
I guess an interim upgrade to 5.1.10 and the clean-up will be pretty quick
anyway so maybe I'll do it anyway just to make sure all is as clean as
possible. If something's worth doing...

All the best

Farren
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Dirk Kastens              |                                           |
|   <Dirk.Kastens@UNI-OSNABRUE|                                           |
|   CK.DE>                    |                                         To|
|   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor |                     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

|   Manager"                  |                                         cc|
|   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>    |

|                             |                                    Subject|
|   16/03/2006 11:33          |                     Re: [ADSM-L] New TSM  |
|                             |                     Server, DB and STG    |
|         Please respond to   |                     POOL question         |
|         "ADSM: Dist Stor    |                                           |
|             Manager"        |                                           |
|      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> |

|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

Farren Minns wrote:
> So do you think I can be confident that this is OK, or should I
> add the 5.1.10 step anyway?

Maybe someone from IBM should answer this. If you have tested the
upgrade before, it should be ok. The cleanup command only took a few
minutes on our old server, so the upgrade could have been done without
this step.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.