ADSM-L

Netware 6.5 SP2 or greater issue

2006-03-13 05:01:47
Subject: Netware 6.5 SP2 or greater issue
From: Jim Bollard <J.Bollard AT UNITECH-IE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:38:16 +0000
All,

I have a unicode issue in that Netware cannot handle special unicode
characters and this is only seen on large F&P servers where files are
saved with unusual strings containing for example [2006], this causes the
client to hang and the backup halts, I have applied all the Netware
patches recommended from the README from the ftp site where I downloaded
the 5.3.2.0 client from IBM, I patched it to FIX Pack 2 for 5.3 and its
had no effect. Essentially its a Novell issue but they are blaming IBM and
vice versa, I am sure many of you would have seen this before.

Is there a work around??
Would the 5.2.4 client for Netware be better??
My TSM server is W2K3 with 5.3.2 running.

Thanks for any help on this one......

Regards,

Jim Bollard.