ADSM-L

Re: linux dsmcad problem

2006-03-08 10:01:52
Subject: Re: linux dsmcad problem
From: Bob Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:00:50 -0500
There is one other possibility...

We are working with IBM on a very similar sounding problem impacting
the 5.3.2.x client for Macintosh, which, for the first time, uses a
dsmcad process to invoke schedule backups.  Hence, the possible link to Linux

Here, the problem is that the generated password file  is
"disappearing"; IBM's belief is that that the startup script for the
dsmcad is running before the network connection is available.  The
workaround is to put a "sleep 10" at the start of the script...and if
that doesn't work, to try a "sleep 20" then a "sleep 30" etc

I'm not very Linux-proficient, so I'm not sure where the equivalent
files are on Linux, or how to implement a similar workaround, but I
thought it worth mentioning.