ADSM-L

Re: LAN FREE Backup

2006-03-07 11:24:32
Subject: Re: LAN FREE Backup
From: "Nast, Jeff P." <JNast AT SMDC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:24:06 -0600
Yes, you need to zone tape drives to the machine running Storage Manager.
Multiple tape drives can use the same HBA.

Tape and Disk cannot coincide on the same HBA. You need a separate adapters
for disk and tape. This stems from the days of S360 (and earlier?) where
there were seperate channels for streaming channels (tape) and block
channels (disk). Guess this dates me...

-Jeff "old timer" Nast