ADSM-L

Re: What is the FLUSH command?

2006-03-02 21:07:29
Subject: Re: What is the FLUSH command?
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:06:33 -0600
It forces a write of used log buffer pool pages to the database.  I don't
know if it even still does what it says it is doing in newer versions of
TSM.  I'm trying to remember, but I think it was used to free up recovery log
space.  With bigger disks being used for recovery logs, it probably isn't
needed, but you don't specify your TSM version or environment.  Somebody was
certainly worried about running out of log space though..

It has always been undocumented, however, it might show up in a readme
somewhere.

bob