ADSM-L

Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client

2006-02-27 15:13:40
Subject: Re: Netware 5.3.2.x client
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:12:52 -0400
Andrew Ferris wrote:
You're not crazy. I'm seeing it too. I only had one SP5 server and I've
just upped the client on it from 5.2.3 to 5.3.2 and it will not load on
boot.

Version 5.03.02 Sunday, September 18, 2005

Module DSMCAD.NLM load status OK

ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage
Manager
logs or a related file: \SYS:/TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/BA/dsmerror.log. errno
= 6, Perm
ission denied

Missing server name. :-)

Module DSMCAD is NOT loaded.

Initialization failure. Check TSM error log for more information.

ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno
= 6, Per
mission denied

That's the last thing autoexec.ncf with a delay of 5 right before it.
The install went fine and the client, API, and books show up as
installed in nwconfig. The CAD will load after the server is fully
booted. It could possibly be a Novell bug as they may have changed some
of the end-stage loading sequences. My purely subjective sense is that
Tomcat is loading later for example. Going back to 5.2.3 means things
work just fine

Yup, no problem with 5.2.x client. I also noticed that if you try to
load "dsmc q tsa" from autoexec.ncf (did this for testing) you get a lot
of TSA errors. It is almost like the TSA is not available to TSM at that
point but why would the 5.2.x client work at that point?

I have a feeling that the way the TSM client queries the TSA changed in
5.3.x in a such a way that causes this error.

Good luck with IBM and could you let us know if they find the bug?

Will do.

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre