ADSM-L

Re: tsm

2006-02-22 15:06:36
Subject: Re: tsm
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:06:19 -0600
You are asking a hardware question. X86 will be different from RISC 6000
and I suspect OS/390 is really fast.
What hardware?
Are the HBAs sharing a bus?
Are the NICs sharing a bus?
What kind of bus are the cards in?
What CPU? How fast?
Is TSM running solo on the server?
Are you going to disk? Tape? Disk that thinks it's tape?
Do you use Auto on any NIC instead of hard setting both sides?
Any routers in-between node and server?   Are they overworked?

I have seen 380GB/hour (200+ clients), last night was 310GB/hour peak,
and I bet that is not close to a record.  Last night I had a client run
at 36.5MB/sec.

Andy Huebner