ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude

2006-02-15 15:23:10
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:24:52 -0700
Patricia,

TSM uses the system registry for most of the operating system excludes.
FYI, the registry key is
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup. TSM
just reads from this key; it does not write to it. The key entries are
established by Windows, and in some cases, by other products, too.

adsm.sys is an exception: we implicitly exclude it, and we show it as
excluded by the OS, but in fact, that exclude is done by TSM, and you
won't see it in the FilesNotToBackup key.

Note that adsm.sys is automatically included in the system object backup.
The excludes/includes are for regular file backup only, and thus do not
apply to system object. So if you back up the system object, you'll see
adsm.sys getting backed up as a part of that operation.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/15/2006
13:11:41: