ADSM-L

Management Class Assignment Not Working Properly on OS/400

2006-02-02 12:19:18
Subject: Management Class Assignment Not Working Properly on OS/400
From: Marco Spagnuolo <Marco.Spagnuolo AT PERNOD-RICARD-CANADA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:00:02 -0500
TSM Server v5.2.1.3 on Solaris
TDP-Domino v5.2.0 on OS/400
Domino 6.0.2CF1

We have several DOMINO partitions running on an AS400.  I've created a new
management class called 7YEAR which is to keep Domino Databases in a
folder called OldMail for 7 Years.  I've confirmed that the policy set has
been validated and activated.  The dsm.sys, dsm15.opt and domdsm15.cfg
files are listed below:

dsm.sys

SErvername  n08
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   10.100.224.81
   TCPBuffsize        512

SErvername  n15
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   10.100.224.81
   TCPBuffsize        512
   INCLUDE            OldMail/*.nsf* 7YEAR
   INCLUDE            OldMail/.../*.nsf* 7YEAR

dsm15.opt

 SErvername n15

domdsm15.cfg

BUFFers                  3
BUFFERSIze         1024

LOGFile                  domdsm.log
LOGPrune                 60

REPlace                  yes
SUBDir                   yes
MOUNTWait                yes

NOTESIniPath             /domino/cawlkn15/data
LastPruneDate

I've been running test selective backups on specific databases in the
folder by issuing the following command:

domdsmc selective OldMail/testdb.nsf* /adsmnode=cawlkn15
/adsmoptf=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/dsm15.opt /adsmpwd=xxxxx
/configf=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsm15.cfg

The backup works fine but when I try to confirm assignment to the 7YEAR
management class by means of the following SQL query:

select NODE_NAME , LL_NAME , T1.CLASS_NAME
 from BACKUPS
 where NODE_NAME = 'CAWLKN15'

and drill thru the list, the class name still appears as DEFAULT for that
and all databases.

The dsierror.log file doesn't show any errors.

Typically, you need to restart the scheduler to have include/exclude
changes take effect but there is no scheduler on the AS400.

Any idea??

Thanks

Marco

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which
may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the
author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient you
must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, Spam, and
Explicit Content.