ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading with split installs

2006-01-30 14:15:16
Subject: Re: Upgrading with split installs
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:14:52 -0700
Andrew,

If this is a typical install, there should only be 1 version of the TSM
server software, so only 1 installp should be needed.
  I'm not sure why you would need to copy anything over. You can run 2
TSM servers off of the same binary, you just need to make sure they both
point to different dsmserv.opt files.

On our hosts:

We have the first TSM server start with these environment settings:
the DSMSERV_CONFIG path is set to
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin2/dsmserv.opt
the DSMSERV_DIR path is set to /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

And we have the second one start with these environment settings:
the DSMSERV_CONFIG path is set to /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt
the DSMSERV_DIR path is set to /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

As you can see, we basically create a little bin2 directory for the
second TSM server where we have its dsmserv.opt, device.config,
accounting log, volhist, etc)

Ben