ADSM-L

Re: Domino Client question

2006-01-27 10:52:24
Subject: Re: Domino Client question
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:36:45 +0100
Don't know the location of this mechanism in the manuals, but here is an
example for AIX.
The idea is that the same notes-system makes the backups using different
nodenames.

The idea is to have to different dsm.opt files. 1 for the normal and 1 for the
longtime backups.
In the dsm.sys file you will need a server entry for both dsm.opt files.

dsm.sys
SERVERNAME      DOMSRV1
        NODENAME        DOMSRV1
        tcpadd  xxx
        etc...
SERVERNAME      DOMSRV1_ARCHIVE
        NODENAME        DOMSRV1_ARCHIVE
        tcpadd  xxx
        etc..

For the regular backups a reference to the default dsm.opt is made
        export DSMI_CONFIG=/path/dsm.opt

For the long term archival, you refer before the backup to the other dsm.opt
        export DSMI_CONFIG=/path/dsm_archive.opt

Regards Jeroen