ADSM-L

Re: restore file permissions

2006-01-27 03:45:29
Subject: Re: restore file permissions
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:45:13 +0100
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 08:42:01AM -0700, Andrew Raibeck wrote:

> > Is there also a way to use tsm to restore the file permissions without
> > doing a restore of all files?
>
> No.

Suppose I recursively mess up the permissions of a directory, and that
directory is then backed up as part of e.g. "dsmc i". When I then
rm -rf the directory on the host and restore it using a point in time
restore from *before* the chmod, which permissions will the restored files
have? (This is assuming a large enough "retver" c.s. parameter)

--
Jurjen Oskam