ADSM-L

IBM 3583 LTO issue/messages

2006-01-22 11:06:05
Subject: IBM 3583 LTO issue/messages
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:50:42 -0500
Zoltan,

You may very well be on the right track in suspecting hardware issues.

We recently experienced a problem with similar symptoms on a new TSM/3583
install.  Although the messages were not identical to what you posted, a bad
SCSI card manifested itself by library components disappearing
mid-operation.  We were getting messages referring to missing elements, no
devices found to match what was defined for the PATH, and "medium not
present" when a tape was mounted and already being used.

You might want to run diagnostics on the card, and check that there are no
issues with the cabling.

Ted