ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Novell Post offices

2006-01-18 15:02:35
Subject: Re: Restoring Novell Post offices
From: Aaron Durkee <ADurkee AT CHSBUFFALO DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:02:07 -0500
poa:restore/   ?

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 01/18/06 02:37PM >>>
Troy thanks,

If I wanted to restore a post office to a restore folder area on the
same box using  point-n-time (1/06/06) what would a command line restore
look like? I have the the following which seems to be missing something

restore pitd=1/06/2006  -pitt=07:00    -subdir=yes  "docgw1/poa:\cohq*"
poa/restore
 \01/062006 ??

Troy Frank wrote:

> We have a separate "restore server" that we put all of our groupwise
> restores onto.  Because groupwise makes you restore the whole P.O. just
> to get at one person's email, it would be a bit cumbersome for us to do
> it on the live servers.  On the groupwise servers themselves, I run a
> "dsmc set access backup * * *" command to allow this.  Since we retain
> 60 versions, and backup once a day, I can go back to any point-in-time
> within the last two months.  When I want to run a restore, I type this
> command on the restore server, from the dsmc commandline...
>
> restore -fromnode=srcserv -pitd=1/05/2006 -pitt=08:00:00 -subdir=yes
> "srcserv/vol1:\apps\*" destserv/vol1:\srcservpo10506\
>
> So the way I'm doing the point-in-time, if you want to restore the PO
> from 1/4/2006, I do the point-in-time of the next morning, after the
> backup would've run.  The \srcservpo10506 is just the standard I use for
> knowing which PO restore this is, you could just any folder you want.

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble restoring a Novell Post office box using
> point-n-time,
> A client wants a restore using a specific data but the file structure
> doesn't
> for that date. But when I do normal restore without point n time I see
> the file structure. Does anyone have a specific way they restore
> post office mail boxes in Novell I have never had this problem
> before.
>
> Novell 6.5
> TSM client 5.2.2
>
> Confidentiality Notice follows:
>
> The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
> is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
> the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
> you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
> or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
> error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
> documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
> created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.

-------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is confidential, intended only for the
named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete
this e-mail from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately.
Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any
attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.  This message and
all contents may be reviewed by authorized parties of the Catholic Health
System other than those named in the message header.

The contents of this message do not bind the Catholic Health System to any
contract, position, or course of action unless the sender is specifically
authorized to enter into contracts on behalf of the Catholic Health System. The
contents of this message do not necessarily constitute an official
representation of the Catholic Health System.