ADSM-L

Re: 'Node access list' through web not displaying properly

2006-01-17 08:35:16
Subject: Re: 'Node access list' through web not displaying properly
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:28:43 -0500
On Jan 17, 2006, at 7:18 AM, Large, M (Matthew) wrote:

Guys,

I've noticed a bug in our 5.2.4.4 software and I was wondering if
it was
worth my while opening a PMR to fix it.

When I open a web client interface on a client, go to utilities and
select 'Node Access List' the window opens. Adding nodes it no
problem,
but when I want to remove the node access's I defined, when I click
on a
line in the window nothing is highlighted, so I can't tell which node
access I'm about to delete.

Is this something which is fixed in 5.3.2?

Matthew -

Difficulties encountered with Web applications are complex in the
myriad elements which may participate in them: the browser, the host
service, Java in the PC, JavaScript (which has nothing to do with
Java) in the PC, Flash, certificates, SSL, etc. This, in this case,
you can't simply point to the TSM client and say, "Aha!",
particularly as the Web Client so heavily depends upon Java in the PC.

I reproduced your problem on up-to-date XP, with both IE and Firefox:
click on a line in that access list box, and nothing is highlighted.
I tried it also on Macintosh OS X with browsers Safari and Netscape
and Firefox: click on a line element and a box appears around it, no
problem.

Conclusion: Get a Mac, and greatly reduce your frustrations.  ;-)

   Richard Sims