ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] Backup / Restore IMAGE

2006-01-16 02:35:04
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] Backup / Restore IMAGE
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:34:45 +0100
Well, we've done a few more tests. I think the problem is the raid5 system.
When we restore the same Image on the same system on a single drive (instead
on the raid 5 system) the restore is a lot faster :

Raid 5 System :
backup : transfer rate 22 MB/sec
restore : transfer rate 8 MB /sec

restore the same image on the same system on a single drive without raid :
restore : transfer rate between 15-17 MB /sec

Boris