ADSM-L

Re: Sample DR documents

2006-01-12 13:59:13
Subject: Re: Sample DR documents
From: Otto Schakenbos <oschakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:57:48 +0100
TSM comes with the DRM (extended edition) , after you made some basic
settings you can run a command called prepare. This will generate a
script that does everything for you when you need to rebuild your tsm
server. See the documentation for further details.
If you don't own the extended edition you can of course test run the
prepare command ones and then use the script it generates as a template
to write your own recovery plan. (Now this might be "illegal")

Regards

Otto Schakenbos
System Administrator

TEL: +49-7151/502 8468
FAX: +49-7151/502 8489
MOBILE: +49-172/7102715
E-MAIL: oschakenbos AT teleflex DOT com

Corporate IT Europe
Teleflex Holding GmbH
Fronackerstrasse 33-35
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY

Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:
I was wondering if, just as many folks share sql scripts and other queries,
if there is a location or other source for documents related to DR. What I'm
specifically looking for is a basic document that would provide the steps to
bring up TSM in a DR situation. The document would hopefully include how to
bring up the TSM server and have sample commands to restore the database,
commands to tell the system primary storage pools are destroyed and how to
check in offsite tapes. I'm sure I could piece this together from a number
of sources but if it is already available in one document someplace, or
someone is willing to share a doc, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com