ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler Open timer error - TDP for Domino

2006-01-10 20:03:51
Subject: Re: Scheduler Open timer error - TDP for Domino
From: Larry Peifer <peiferlt AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:03:19 -0800
Thanks Richard -  Your pointers put me on the road to some very good
suggestions on where to look for fixing this issue.    Larry

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
01/10/2006 04:18 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduler Open timer error - TDP for Domino

On Jan 9, 2006, at 7:42 PM, Larry Peifer wrote:

> dom_error log
> 01/06/2006 17:00:18 UseExternalTimer: Unable to open timer file
> '\s32k.',
> errno=2, error:No such file or directory
>
> errorlog
> 01/06/2006 17:00:27 UseExternalTimer: Unable to open timer file
> '\s3d0.',
> errno=2, error:No such file or directory
>
> These messages show up each time we try to start a new scheduler
> for the
> TDP Domino client. We have another scheduler running for TDP Domino
> for
> hourly logs and this is a second one to be used for nightly
> incremental
> backups.
>
> Does anyone know what this error message means? I've tried looking
> on the
> IBM Tivoli search site.

Larry -

Also search the List archives, as through
  http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/
as many situations have been encountered before.

This is one of those cryptic, unhelpful client messages which
customers keep running into. I've summarized what we've seen of the
message, in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts .

   Richard Sims