ADSM-L

Re: SQL Logs and Backup conflict

2006-01-10 15:56:58
Subject: Re: SQL Logs and Backup conflict
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:56:42 -0500
Same node name for both.  Multiple different schedules (for logs,
diff-backups, os-backups, etc).

Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
01/10/2006 03:43 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] SQL Logs and Backup conflict

clarification question.

are you using a same node name for both TDP agent and regular client?
Or you are not using any TDP and straight forward regular node name?

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/09/2006
09:15:08 AM:

> We are looking for a creative solution (or answer) to a long outstanding
> "issue" when it comes to SQL TDP backups.
>
> We have a major M$-SQL shared server.
>
> There is an HOURLY schedule to dump the transaction logs.
>
> When the daily backups kick off, the hourly transaction log backups then
> proceed to fail, causing constant annoying "schedule has failed"
messages,
> until the DB backups finish.
>
> How do other folks handle this kind of conflict ?  Are we missing some
TDP